The world is constantly changing and moving these top trends design and development elements of 2019 that we’ve seen and…
Why are Blogs on a Website Important?
If you are reading this, you will know that here at Hex Creatives we have blogs on our website. In fact, we make sure that we post a blog every week on a Friday to not only improve our knowledge, but to help others make crucial decisions about their business.
Regardless of whether you are a small or large business, or whatever sector your business is in, it is incredibly important to blog to ensure you have a brilliant online content marketing strategy.
There are many reasons why it is important to blog. Below is a quick list that I put together in order to prove to you why this is the case.
- Increase traffic to your website – your blog provides you with the opportunity to create relevant, current and informative content for your customers. Blogging is a very clever and relatively easy way to drive traffic back to your website. Whether your business is on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. post links with relevant visuals to entice customers to read your blog and spend more time on your website; it gives your social followers a reason to click through your website. Additionally, post inbound links directly in your blog articles which will drive traffic to specific landing pages of your site.
- Increase your SEO – to put it bluntly…blogs increase your SEO. Fresh and new content is still a tactic to beat your competitors in the search engine results page. To succeed in this, use keywords in your articles. List keywords, topics, and categories that you want your business to be found with (make sure these are relevant!). However, even if you are not actively seeking these out, blogging frequently regarding your business will naturally increase your search keywords. Being specific and selective about your words will only increase results.
- Place your brand as a business leader – by posting topics which resonate with your market and show your knowledge, this not only shows your company as a business leader, but also shows you are marketing your skills for your business. Through writing blogs, you are building a trust between you and your potential customers. The more you show that you are highly experienced in your sector, the bigger the chance your customer will trust you to supply what they need. Another key point to note is that customers will also benefit from the learning that you are providing them through the blogs. Make your blogs diverse and different every week/month to show that you conduct research and this will keep your readers satisfied.
- Grow better customer relationships – blogs also supply a source to build the connection with your customers. By connecting directly on your website, you are allowing your clients to get to know your brand from the comfort of their own home. Following on from this, respond to comments and interact with your consumer base particularly on your blogs. If they have enquiries regarding your business, respond to them directly on your website. Unlike many social sites, a blog is generally searchable on your site for a considerable amount of time. Your website comments will last longer than comments on social media platforms and this means that other readers will see these comments too!
- Blogs humanize your brand – even if you carefully craft your homepage or about page, this cannot make your blog posts shine when it comes to showing the personal side of your business. Blogging provides your business with a way to touch on issues and concerns of interest to your customers, whilst also sharing what you and your employees are passionate about. It gives you a way of sharing your voice and personality which will increase your brand’s likeability (if your blogs are written correctly).
- Your readers will trust you – this final point cannot be emphasised enough. Your blog can give you access to a large group of readers that trust your opinions. This puts you in a brilliant position to gain their support on any new assets to your business, new products, or anything you would like people to know about! If you love your readers, they will love you back.
I hope this article informed you on why it is important to have blogs on your website. Not only does it increase your interaction with your customers, but it builds trust and you can take great honour in informing them of what you know!